Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cinderelhim


My kids LOVE to help me with things, well some things anyway. They don’t want to do plain old boring things that I would like them to—like pick up their toys. But to help with something that I normally do by myself is a treat! I figure it’s about time I start exploiting them. Greyson is 3 and Kinsley is 2, when I was them I already had a full-time job planning clothing changes for my Barbies. 

I asked Greyson if he would like to help me do the dishes. You would have thought I offered him a trip to Disney! Now before you go thinking I am a bad mom and turning him into Cinderelhim, I had already done most of the dishes and removed all the sharp objects. There was a few pieces of silverware and bottles to be washed. 

 Greyson was delighted to have dish brush in hand. I even showed him how to wash the insides of the bottles with the round brush. Just when I’m thinking I must have been a total idiot for not doing this before he goes to dump the dishwater out of the bottle… and then it’s all over the floor. 

“That’s okay Greyson, you just keep washing dishes.’

 “Kinsley, here’s a towel honey if you want to wash the floor.” Kinsley comes running, “Yeahhh, I do it!!”

Good job kids! I love you so much that next you can clean the bathroom. Mommy is going to read her Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment