Monday, March 14, 2011

Evidence of a Job Well Done


There are times when your children just say or do something that makes your heart melt like butter. Kinsley is always eager to tell me she loves me. Greyson will never turn down a request for a hug. They are both sweeter than sweet to their baby brother. I don’t know if anything can make you feel more like you are a success as a parent then your kids mimicking your good and loving actions or words.

When  I was sitting on the floor and Greyson wanted to brush my hair, my insides turned all ooey gooey with love, happiness, satisfaction and self praise. What a loving, kind and thoughtful little man I have raised. Oh sighhhh.

Then Greyson told me that he was cleaning all the bugs out of my hair. What?? He repeated it for me, yes he was cleaning the bugs from my hair. 

It would seem Greyson had watched something where the Momma monkey was cleaning her babies and eating their bugs. From this it was found that cleaning bugs out of someone’s hair must be an act of endearment. I am hoping this is all cleared up before he starts dating or things might get a little awkward.

Greyson also informed me that he was going to take my bugs outside since we shouldn’t eat bugs. Point for Mom for teaching not to eat bugs. I’m also going to give myself a point for having a kid that enjoys imaginative play, even if it does equate with me being a baby monkey, we're evaluating on a curve here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment