Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Need To Wrap a Gift--Do You Have a Squirrel?


I had to wrap a gift tonight and it became a very interesting situation. Normally I am a gift-bag kind of girl. First, it’s easier. Second, I think it is more environmentally conscious since it can be reused and recycled.
Since I’m a firm believer in gift bag re-use, I have no problem wrapping a wedding gift in a pink sparkly unicorn bag. What kind of person would not like a pink sparkly unicorn bag? And even if they didn’t like the pink sparkly unicorn bag, they would find it pretty expected coming from me. 

However, I think that a life-changing celebration like a wedding deserves tissue paper. I also reuse tissue paper—reuse and recycle baby! I put the pieces that are less crumply at the top. If they are all really crumply, then I make them look like they are SUPPOSED to be that way. It’s textured tissue paper.

Tonight’s problem…no tissue paper. I’ll just keep working through the problem tree. 

It’s a box. I can wrap it. I have oodles of wrapping paper. I can even use regular wrapping paper that doesn’t have seasonally inappropriate snowmen and santa’s on it. 

I don’t have any scotch tape. This shouldn’t really surprise me since I remember someone unwinding 90% of the roll for a “crap project.” 

Some people may have given up at this point, would have either waited until tomorrow to go to the store for appropriate gift wrapping supplies. I am over achiever creative thinker and I can make this work. Let’s see…

Return to the problem tree and reevaluate the options:

  • Duct Tape
  • Packaging Tape
  • Stickers
  • Chewing gum
 Stickers it is.

A wedding gift wrapped in jivin’ stripped paper held closed with squirrel stickers? You bet. After all it’s the gift inside that counts. Isn’t that how that saying goes? Thought that counts? Well what does squirrel stickers say about my thoughts? It says better things than chewing gum would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment