Friday, February 18, 2011

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Taking time out to back track today. It’s a very special day to me…
Let’s flash back 10 years…

July 2000

Dating Guy, went to a party with Sister of Guy and Sister boyfriend at Sister boyfriends cousins house. Saw cousin. Ohhh he’s a cute guy (hence forth referred to as Dream Guy ), wanted to talk to Dream Guy, but had Guy so let the whole go. 

January 2001, New Years Eve

Said boyfriend dumped me, (I know right?! I got dumped AT A NEW YEARS EVE PARTY!)

End of January 2001

Went to a party to see ex-boyfriend (please insert eye roll at 20 year old stupidity here). Upon entering saw dream guy. 

Dream Guy’s friend asked me for my number. Mad at ex-boyfriend, gave dream Friend my number. Friend began calling.

February 14, 2001

 Friend sent flowers on valentine’s day. Ohh that’s nice. Actually I still have the card because I thought it was just so thoughtful of Friend to send. Went to Nuthouse Sports Bar at request of Friend to hang out with friends of Friend. Oh what a sweet guy Friend was (is), but I loved his roommate—Dream Guy. 

Sat next to Dream Guy and commenced conversation. O.M.G. (I realize that this was all prior to this popular catch phrase, but it fits so shut-it, I’m telling a love story here). My knee was touching his knee under the table. Eeeeeekkkkk!! MY KNEE IS TOUCHING HIS KNEEE!!! And he wasn’t moving his knee away. Did Dream Guy love me too?!! Could it be?

Told Friend, “Sorry I love another.” Since Friend had been calling  me for all of one-week, I don’t believe he was heartbroken. Friend remains a friend and is quite the ladies man. I am sure I was easily replaced so don’t go painting me the mean girl in this picture.

February 17, 2001

Went to study session (I feel guilty putting two parties and a bar in one story, so we’ll call it a study session) and tried to flirt my way into the heart of Dream Guy. Hit major road blocks upon my route, but feeling as though there is still a chance. Friend of Friend and of Dream Guy asks me for my number. Noooooo!! I like Dream Guy! I want Dream Guy to ask for my number!

“Sorry, I am actually interested in someone else.” Friend of friend leans over and barfs off side of porch. Apparently friend of Friend had done too much studying that night. Dream Guy leaves with friend of Friend who is feeling under the weather. 

Now we arrive upon February 18, 2001…Morning.

Call Dream Guy’s house. “Did you guy’s all get home okay last night?” 

Dream guy, “Yes.” 

Awkward silence.

Dream guy, “Hey, I heard you like someone. I hope it isn’t me.” Did he just say I hope it isn’t me??!! Awww heartbroken. He was my dream guy. 

Me, “Oh no. Don’t worry about it.”

Sad. 

5:00 pm February 18, 2001…

AOL Instant Message from Dream Guy. “Hey.”

O.M.G. Flirty instant message conversation begins…flirty instant message conversation continues for hours. 

10:00 pm February 18, 2001

Dream Guy messages, “Can I come see you?”

No, it’s too late. 

Dream guy “please?” 

I cave. “Okay, but you can’t stay long. I have to work in a.m.”

Dream guy arrives at my dorm. My insides are about to explode. Be cool. Be cool. EEEKKKK. Be cool.
Face to face, one on one conversation with Dream Guy. The more we talk, the more I think Ohhhh!! I LOVVVVE him. 

Dream Guy says “I’d like to kiss you.” This would be my very last first kiss.

Dream Guy leaves to go to his home. Dream guy stays in my heart forever and ever, for several years dating, for proposal at Pentwater, for wedding, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for three beautiful healthy babies, two homes, several jobs, and for happily ever after. 

Dream Guy I Love You!

2 comments:

  1. I love this.
    (I hope Friend of Friend -- the one who puked-- wasn't MY Dream Guy!)

    ReplyDelete