Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Super Mom. Pleased to meet you!

Hello, I would like to introduce you to super-mom. Yes, that would be me. Today I made baby food. The fact that we were out of baby food and I forgot to buy it when I went to the grocery store *may* have been a factor, don’t judge.

So I opened the can of sweet potatoes (again, here you go with the criticism, I did indeed use canned sweet potatoes instead of peeling, dicing, boiling fresh ones. There is only so much time in a day!) Then popped them in the food processor (okay now, you are getting picky. Mashing by hand does mean I love my child more; that is the way things went in the stone-age, before they invented the wheel. We have gadgets for things now.) Pushing a button to make baby food is the way to go! Ti-da!!! Baby food is made! That only took 10 minutes to make me the most fabulous parent in the whole wide world. 

There I am feeding my home-made, canned sweet potato, food processor-ized baby food to Little Man and booming with pride.  He is digging it too. I am AWESOME. 

THEN, I realize all is quiet in the kitchen. Uh-oh.

Sweet Mom la-di-da sing songy voice. Me: Greyson?? What are you doing?

Inquisitive toddler in la-di-da sing songy voice. Greyson: Playing with the silverware.

Remain calm. Channel the calm, cool, collected voice. Ommmmm.

Me: Greyson you can play with the spoons and forks but leave the knives* alone.

Greyson: I’m already done with those ones Mom. I put them back.

There goes my supermom award. I was in the kitchen 3 minutes ago! They are going to come and take my cape and everything. 

*Before you report me to CPS, I was referring to butter knives not steak knives. I am not THAT bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment