Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just Say YEAH

I am convinced that all you have to do to get your kids, or anyone else, to think that something is a grand idea, is after you say it you clap your hands and excitedly shout YEAH! There is the 80's phrase "Just Say No" which remains applicable in so many situations. But I also subscribe to the parenting model of Just Say Yeah! 

On Monday I announced we were going to wash all of the windows. YEAH! Here is your own paper towel to wipe them up and down. YEAH! I am not one of those people who are concerned about things like my windows getting streaks on them from not using the proper window cleaning cloth. I figure that if I am not concerned that the kids are licking the windows a millisecond after I just saw the dog stick their nose  to the glass, then streaks should not be a priority. Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable to have two toddlers cleaning them. YEAH!

Oh c’mon on now, I am using the cleaner that says “natural” on the bottle, and I am the one spritzing everything. It's not like I am handing them a bottle of chemicals and saying "go to it." This is a group effort. 

They are just going about smearing the window dog boogers about so that there is a more even distribution. The EPA may be alarmed that for every square millimeter they request a new papertowel, but I am teaching RESPONSIBILITY, there needs to be a trade off. You know what I say about responsibility? YEAH!

I have also unknowingly taught them to "Just Say Yeah!" to the point that it has become a tactic to tease one another. This morning I heard Greyson yelling to Kinsley, "Stop saying YEAH. I MEAN IT. You are making me so mad right now."

What do you think she did? Oh you know it!

Just say Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment