Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Resolutions

Every Monday is a bit like New Years Day for me. I make lots of resolutions on the top of parent/wife/woman I am going to be. And it is going to start NOW. At 7:00 a.m. this is what my plan entails.

I am only going to drink one cup of coffee, just one.

I am going to get the kids dressed every day, no lollygagging around in pj’s. Clothes. Socks too. Matching socks.

I am going to do the laundry. All of it. Wash it, dry it, put it away. Then I am going to make sure all of the dirty laundry gets put in the basket and taken downstairs, no more of these little laundry piles on the floor of the kids room, bathroom and my closet. Also, I am going to do laundry every day instead of letting it pile up for an entire week. I won’t even let it pile up in clean piles, I am going to fold it. AND put it away. Then I am going to take the stacks of clothes that are on top of the dresser from last week and put those away too.

I am going to make sure that Greyson doesn’t pee in his pull up. Not potty training is my failure not his. Every 15 minutes I will remind him to go. I’ll tell him how great it is. How proud I am. What a big boy he is! No more pee pee’d pull ups stinking up the bathroom trash.

When Bo calls to see how everyone is doing I’ll be able to tell him we are sitting down and coloring Easter themed pictures, talking about Spring and all things lovely. I will not rant and on and on about how so and so had to go to time out 15 times this morning and someone else took my shoe and won’t tell me where it is.

I will feed Arlo something other than mashed bananas. I am capable of making baby food that is NOT bananas. Maybe a vegetable. We will diversify. The bigs are going to eat more vegetables too. And me. I am going to eat more vegetables. Lots and lots of leafy green vegetables.

Then when the kids willingly go down for a nap, all tuckered out from the quality and stimulating interaction we had all morning and content with the nutrient rich lunch I created, I am going to exercise. For an hour. For a full hour. Then stretch for a half hour.

**UPDATE** At 10 am I’ve had six cups of coffee but the kids are dressed and have socks on. MATCHING socks. I am so pretty freaking awesome.

I tried giving Arlo green beans instead of banana’s. He cried. Spewing green beans all over his clean clothes. We then had to change his clothes AGAIN. However, I DID take the dirty shirt downstairs, starred at the monstrous pile to be washed, looked at the heaping  basket to be folded, came back up stairs and poured myself another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment